SHOP RANGES BY TYPE
A No Nonsense Guide to Buying the Right Kitchen Range
A kitchen stove is the most important appliance you can have in your kitchen. Without a reliable kitchen stove, no kitchen is complete. A kitchen stove is the center piece of the art you create in your kitchen and without it no food can be made. Every kitchen worth its salt has a reliable stove that can meet its daily cooking and baking needs. Whether it’s the size or capacity, the stove must be able to accommodate your requirements and also provide simultaneous cooking to save time. This guide will provide you with relevant information that will help you identify your kitchen needs and find the kitchen stove that is most suitable for you.
Types of Kitchen Ranges: Finding a Suitable Oven
The first thing you should consider before buying an oven is whether you want one that is gas or electricity operated. If you are moving in to a new home, its likely there is already a hook-up installed for the oven which then determines your choice of oven. If you are building your home from the ground up you can then choose what hook-up you want and buy your oven accordingly.
In case you want to buy an Electric Range for your home, you can choose between a coil cooktop or a smooth cooktop. Both have their own advantages and its up to your personal preference and choice.
Here are a few details about both coil cooktops:
- Consistent: A coil cooktop is what comes closest to a gas cooktop. The heat distribution is even and consistent with high quality heat.
- Economical: Coils are cheap and can be replaced or repaired immediately. These are economical to maintain and rugged enough to sustain rough use.
- Fast: Coil cooktops allow faster cooking as they can heat up pans and other utensils very quickly. They easily beat their smooth cooktop counterparts in terms of speed of heating.
If you are looking to buy a Gas Range for your kitchen, you need to consider these points:
- Adjustable burners: While cooking simultaneously, you must be able to adjust different burners from high heat to simmer. This will allow you much greater freedom while cooking your dishes and help you regulate the temperature of the food being cooked.
- Sealed burners: Cleaning your range can be quite troublesome with all the grease and food that falls off while cooking. An upswept cooktop with sealed burner makes it much easier and faster to clean the cooking area.
- Easy reignition: Pilotless ignition has made life much more convenient. You no longer have to worry about manually igniting the flame. Pilotless ignition allows you to start cooking right away. Automatic reignition also eliminates cooking interruptions in case the flame goes out so that you don’t have to worry about keeping the flame going.
Convection ovens are famous for their ability to cook food evenly and faster than their counterparts. Heated air circulates inside the oven and cooks food thoroughly and evenly without leaving any part under or overcooked as it does not create hotspots within the oven. This makes it the best choice for an oven.
Cleaning an oven is never easy or fun. You will need cleaners made of chemicals which leave their smell behind. Self cleaning ovens can be of great use as they can clean themselves and save you from the hassle of investing and time and energy in cleaning your oven.
You can choose to buy a free standing oven, a slide-in oven or a built-in oven as per your needs. Free standing ovens have fully finished sides and can be placed anywhere. Slide-in ovens are ideal for installing between cabinets and are very modern in their design. They are designed specifically to be placed between cabinets and you must get the right size. Built-in ovens are built in to your walls as they have their own cabinet built specifically to house the oven. They don’t take floor space and make it very convenient to move around and cook.
You must be clear about the size of oven you want and its capacity. The space inside an oven is very instrumental in determining its cooking and baking capabilities.
Why Buy an Induction Cooktop Range?
The Induction Ranges are getting quite of traction this year and here are some reasons as to why?
- Easy to clean: Since the surface is a smooth ceramic glass plate, it’s extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- Size: Some models provide different sizes of cooking areas to accommodate different sizes of pots and pans. This reduces wastage of heat and makes cooking much more efficient while keeping your electricity consumption low.
- Safety: Smooth cooktops come with a variety of LEDs that allow to monitor and control the cooktop while also warning you in case the surface is still hot.
The Bottom Line
More often than not, you already have a type in mind when you are looking to buy a new range or oven or a cooktop. The issue lies in choosing from those that fit your criteria. If you have to cook for a large family, larger oven and cooktops are preferred whereas if you have to cook food with speed, coil cooktops are needed. It all boils down to your specific needs and what appliance and fulfil them for you.